Despite being an excellent browser, Edge struggles to gather the crowd for itself. However, the browser has both pros and cons that a user should be aware of.
Microsoft had also developed “filters” and “ad blockers” to help the Android and IoS users hassle-free browsing.
As per statistics, the browser Market is dominated by Google+ Chrome followed by Firefox and Internet Explorer with a market Share of 67.7%, 10.96%, and 6.97% respectively. Microsoft Edge stands at fifth position with 4.24% shares.
The tech giant Microsoft has launched few distinct Features such as Microsoft Touch that retains the critical element of the company that is the News Feed powered by Bing search engine, and it enables the users to customize their feeds. Secondly, the users can install Chrome extensions in Microsoft Edge.
Despite being an excellent browser, it struggles to gather the crowd for itself. However, the browser has both pros and cons that a user should be aware of. The advantages of Microsoft Edge includes:
- It gives high-speed performance thus it is the fastest among all other browsers.
- It has a comfortable reading mode option that strikes out the junk folders from the web page.
- It comes with improved Security against unsecured programs.
- Cortana has made several leaps in the personal assistance space and is highly capable of countering Google now and Siri.
- It comes with a new furnished engine known as Edge HTML.
- Microsoft Edge blends with the Cortana Digital Assistance that offers voice control, search and personal information to the users.
- Microsoft has removed a total of 300 interfaces, as well as alterations, were made to keep Edge in track against Chrome and Firefox.
The cons of Microsoft Edge includes:
- With Cortana, all personal information is out to the third party.
- There is less or no adaptation to the mainstream as compared to Firefox or Chrome.
- It sometimes gets its language upgradation.
- It consumes more than 1 GB per update of the browser.
- The browser’s UI is a bit confusing as compared to Chrome and Firefox.
- There is no save options for HTML format pages.
- There is no such private browsing page and all the pages are kept in the history.
- While working on it stops working, opens up with several tabs at a time and various other bugs are to be acknowledged.
In spite of such demerit, Microsoft has geared up to build itself on the same code that runs for Google+ Chrome. Microsoft had also developed “filters” and “ad blockers” to help the Android and IoS users hassle-free browsing whereas Google had earlier unfolded its ad- blocking in Chrome for Android but is not successful in preventing ads insignificant sites.